Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switched families and now I can't join new family mix

Switched families and now I can't join new family mix

Plan

Premium for Family

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S8, ASUS desktop computer

Operating System

Windows 10, Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I changed from one family to another (from my immediate family's plan to a plan for my boyfriend and I). I was previously part of the family mix for my old family, and I am trying to join my new family's mix but am not able to. It gives me the message "we are having technical issues, please try again later". This switch happened about two weeks ago and I have been getting this error the whole time. I am able to view both my old family's mix and the new family's mix when sent the link, but neither will show up without searching. I did notice that in my old family's mix, my music is still there (I have a very distinctive music taste). 

9 Replies

Hey @onyxdragon,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post 🙂

If it looks as if you're still part of your old Family Mix, It'd be helpful to double-check with your previous Premium Family manager whether you still result as part of their plan.

They can check this while accessing the Family Mix by clicking the three-dots icon (positioned in the top-right of the Mix) and then tapping on Manage Users.

In case, you can ask the manger to remove you from the plan. To do so, they'll need to go here and follow the necessary step.

Then, try logging out and back in (so that your app syncs with the change) to see if you can join your new Family Mix. 

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry to comment on this older issue, but I'm having the exact same problem. Switched family plans, and am now unable to join my new family's plan.

I double checked that I'm no longer listed in the family plan I used to be a part of. I'm also not listed as a member of that plan's family mix.

Hope someone can help me out here 🙂

Hi!

I'm Having the exact same problem.

It seems it's not fixed 😞

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

@alv4 just to make sure that we're on the same page - you tried the troubleshooting steps @Mario posted and confirmed that you're not part of the old mix and relogged, right? Usually this solves such issues.

In that case could you and @jimivdw try joining the new mix on another device and with another internet network? It would be also a good idea to check with the manager of your current Family plan and make sure that your account comes up in list of members on their account page. These troubleshooting steps will help us determine if the root cause of the problem lies with the account and plan or is rather related to the network and device.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

Hi @Mihail Yes, I tried that. The older Family manager did it and My user won't appear there. I also un liked the older Family mix and Now it won't appear.
On the the new family (that I manage) appears that there are a Tech issue and that I should try later.
It's been like that since always.
Other member can enter and be part of the mix, but not me.

Hey @alv4,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If the issue persists, you might be experiencing this issue. You can add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Hi @Ver 

Thanks.. I already did that. Thanks, hope is fixed soon.

Hi there, its might be out of topic, but i really need help with my case

I lost my Family subscription because I’m late to paid, I try paid with my visa card method like before but I can’t there is said an offer like new payment method using e-wallet money, I alreade refresh again still same I have to paid with new payment method.

Im still try to paid my family subscribetion via visa card, so i unsubscribe my family plan before as an initiative and not remove all people in list before. and still it can't paid with my visa card.. so i make a new account so i can re invite my family member.. but what happened is my family member cant join my new account subscrition.

to be honest i have no idea why it said their only can join subscribe once in 12 month period after.. , i guess they should make a new account as well, but they dont want make a new their personal and daily playlist again.. im so helpless now

can anyone help me so they can still join with their own playlist music and still together premium family subsribe with me?

Hey @Honggo,

Thanks for reaching out with this one.

If you're having trouble updating the payment method on your Premium Family subscription, we suggest that you try again using an incognito browser or a different device altogether. Sometimes data stored in your browser can cause such issues and this is a simple way to avoid them. It might also help to try with a different payment method or check with your bank if everything is in order with your card.

As to your family members having trouble joining the plan, this Support Article has detailed instructions on how they can do so. Note that each account can switch the plan only once every 12 month, but shouldn't have any issues rejoining the previous subscription. 

There is also a way for users to transfer there music library and account followers between account, so nothing gets lost. You can learn more about it here

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts