Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching from Premium Family (as Subsription Manager) to another Family account as a normal member

Switching from Premium Family (as Subsription Manager) to another Family account as a normal member

I'm currently the only member of the Premium Family subscription I manage myself. My ex left and now my new roommate moved in and started a Premium Family subscription of her own. I would like to join it but it does not seem to work. I click on the invite link she sent me and follow the steps: logging in with my current account and entering our common address. After confirming the address however, Spotify tells me something went wrong and I can either start over or press 'Help'.

If the only option is to cancel my current Family subscription (which I have had for 2 years now, so the once-every-12-months thing is not an issue), I wouldn't mind, but not if that would make me lose all my lists and downloads of course ?!

Thanks for your help!

3 Replies

Hey there @emiliackerman,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

If your account is on Premium Family, we'd suggest you follow these steps to cancel the subscription. It is not possible to join a second Premium Family subscription, while you are a manager of another one.

When the account is on Free, your roommate can invite you to her Premium Family.

Don't worry! You won't lose your playlists. The only thing that you will need to do is to download them again in order to play them offline.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks for your answer! I won't be losing my preferences, custom made lists
etc either? All the stuff that is known about me and my music habits? 😛

Hey @emiliackerman,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Yes, indeed. Changing subscription won't affect your playlists and recommendations. You will be able to enjoy your favorite jams no matter what subscription you have.

Hope we were able to answer your question. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Cheers! 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts