Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching from Premium to Premium Family

Solved!

Switching from Premium to Premium Family

Hi everyone,

I´m a Spotify Premium user since a few years. Soon we will get an premium family account in my house but I´m not the one who is creating it. So my question is if I need to cancel my premium account so I don´t pay for it anymore because I won´t be the owner of the family account. Or does Spotify automatically recognize the change and won´t charge me for the follwing months in my premium acount?

If thats the case, what exactly do I have to do to get into the family plan. Just receiving that invitation?

Kind regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @CoachAlex,

There's no need to cancel your subscription; everything will switch over automatically.

To join an existing Premium for Family plan, you need to be invited by the plan's owner (the person who subscribed to the plan). 

To accept an invitation:

1. Open the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen. 
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  2. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan. 

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @CoachAlex,

There's no need to cancel your subscription; everything will switch over automatically.

To join an existing Premium for Family plan, you need to be invited by the plan's owner (the person who subscribed to the plan). 

To accept an invitation:

1. Open the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen. 
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  2. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan. 

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

sorry to intrude here but I have almost the same question but I'm a premium and want to upgrade to family. Do I need to cancel my existing premium ?

thanks !
Walter

Thank you very much!

Follow up question: What happens to the balance of the single subscriber's monthly fee that's already been paid? Seems like it should be credited back to the previously-single customer or to the family owner's account. Or does Spotify just pocket it?

Hi there @jeffdavonna,

Thanks for your follow-up question! 

When a Premium user becomes part of a Premium Family plan, he won't be charged for Premium since he's part of a plan.

The Premium time he has paid for, before becoming part of the plan, is saved to his account and when he decides to leave the Premium Family plan, the Premium time he has paid as a single user is applied to the account again. 

For more info check this article, section How does the billing work.

We hope this helps!

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts