Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble adding family to plan

Trouble adding family to plan

Recently got the premium family plan and have filled 5 of the six slots with family. My brother who will be the final 6th slot can't join. I sent him invites but once he puts the home address it gives an error and says try again later. We've been trying for days. He tried on his phone. I've tried on my phone, my pc and even on incognito on pc and our phones. We've even put the address in manually and same problem. No other family members had this issue and were able to join instantly. I've included a screenshot of what it says after we've put in home address.

Screenshot_20200221-182145.png
3 Replies

Hey there @Cyn35

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, has your brother created a Spotify account already? If not, he can do it here and then give it another try.  

If the incognito window didn't help it's a good idea to try pasting the invite link into a different type of browser. You can also try again in the original browser after deleting its cookies and cache.  

Connecting to a different connection is also worth trying it, as you'll spot if the issue is somehow network-related. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I have a similar problem. I’m trying to add my 2 daughters iPods to my family plan. Spotify doesn’t want to recognize their address, automatically or manually submitted. I have been trying for 2 months with no luck. 

I have already created accounts for my 2 daughters. 
I have never seen a company like Spotify that doesn’t offer direct help to users when troubleshooting.

please help

Hey there @agoldav,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, have you asked your daughters to try accepting their invites on a different (preferably desktop) device?

If that doesn't do the trick, it could also be a good idea asking them to each log in to Spotify using an incognito or private window in order to open and accept the invite.

If the issue persists, it'd be helpful if you could add some additional details like the browser this is happening on or any screenshots of the error message they see - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed. This way, we can take a closer look into what's happening.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts