Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two users cannot play at once on family plan

Solved!

Two users cannot play at once on family plan

I have the Premium Family plan but for some reason me and my sister cannot listen to our own music at the same time. What can I do? Everytime she's listening to her music, it takes over my music and plays on my device & vice versa.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @aled842, welcome to the community!

Each family member must have their own Spotify account to use the app on their own devices without any conectivity issues. This means that you don't have to share your log in information with your Family members.

You can find all the information about how the Family plan works here.

Make sure your Spotify details are only linked to your device, and ask your sister to log out and log back in using her own details, that should do the trick.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yup, I had this problem with my brother. You need your own individual accounts, like Alfredo was saying. Two people cannot play from the same account at the same time. Fortunately, you already have the Family Premium deal, so it should be no problem for one of you to get a new account and connect to the premium deal from there. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @aled842, welcome to the community!

Each family member must have their own Spotify account to use the app on their own devices without any conectivity issues. This means that you don't have to share your log in information with your Family members.

You can find all the information about how the Family plan works here.

Make sure your Spotify details are only linked to your device, and ask your sister to log out and log back in using her own details, that should do the trick.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp
Marked as solution

Yup, I had this problem with my brother. You need your own individual accounts, like Alfredo was saying. Two people cannot play from the same account at the same time. Fortunately, you already have the Family Premium deal, so it should be no problem for one of you to get a new account and connect to the premium deal from there. 

Suggested posts