Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to alter my offline devices

Unable to alter my offline devices

Plan: Premium

Device: Mighty

Operating System: iOS

My Question or Issue

I have a Spotify Mighty that I have previously used, but when I try now it tells me I have reached the limit of offline playback devices on my Premium account.

So I want to remove some of my other devices in my account so that I can play music on my Mighty.

When I look on this Community site it tells me the following information.

"At the moment, you can download Spotify tracks for offline listening on up to 5 devices at a time. 

You can view or remove any offline devices from your account by heading here."

However the link it provides ("heading here") is a broken one and I get an error message (Page 404 not found). So how can I deactivate one of my other devices and enable my Mighty? 

Thank you

5 Replies

Hi there @julespierre,

Thanks for asking about this! 

We can confirm that you can only download to a maximum of 5 separate devices. If you download to a 6th device, the downloads from the device you use the least should be automatically removed.

If you still continue to experience issues with downloading to your Mighty, feel free to reach out to support about this.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Petya. Thanks for your response. But the reason I had posted a help request here is that this is not happening automatically. i.e. I cannot free up the slot from an older device to make room for the Mighty. What do you suggest?

Hey @julespierre,

If you're having difficulties with your downloads for offline listening, we'd recommend to check out this support page. For full info about the Mighty you can visit their website here.

While the option to manually remove offline devices on your account page is no longer available, we suggest reaching out to our support teams through the link provided by Petya, if you need help managing your devices.

Keep in mind that if this is something you'd like to be able to do on your account page, you can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same problem. How are we to resolve this?

Issue: I got a message on my Mighty that I had reached my Offline Device limit. My music would not play on that device that I use while running. I had no idea what other offline devices it was counting!  'Offline Devices' is no longer a Spotify menu option  so there is no way to see your offline devices (maximum of 5 per Spotify).  I finally had the issue resolved today.  Via a Support Advisor in an online chat, she removed all offline devices (such as Mighty; note that Google Home is NOT an offline device); she told me I would need to resync my music to the Mighty. After she completed the removal, I got a Message in Spotify on my iPhone: "Offline Playlists - You've reach the limit of offline devices. Download on this one again to remove downloads from a device not in use."  Not a very clear message, because it did not identify "this one" (is my iPhone considered an Offline Device?). And I'm not sure why this only appeared after she removed the offline devices.  What I did was: 1) go into my iPhone Mighty App; I got a message that there was a Mighty App update, and it wanted my Mighty connected to WIFI via the Mighty App on my iPhone, so I did so, and then it did the Mighty App update. Then I got the message "Per Spotify's term of service, you can take music offline on up to five devices. Mighty counts as one of those devices. YOU MUST RECONNECT MIGHTY TO WIFI EVERY 30 DAYS IN ORDER TO CONTINUE LISTENING TO YOUR MUSIC".  I think that was the PROBLEM - that I hadn't connected Mighty to WIFI so that Spotify can count the songs to give the artists their royalties.  I think their error message is incorrect - I did NOT have more than 5 offline devices, but I think that message comes up if you DO NOT connect to WIFI every 30 days.  Oh yeah, I asked the Support Advisor to send me the URL to the instructions on how to remove the offline devices - it contained a broken link, so the only way that I know of to do this is to contact them. 😞   Perhaps they will monitor this post and provide the instructions to remove offline devices that contains an unbroken link

Suggested posts