Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change country without having to buy a new plan

Unable to change country without having to buy a new plan

1. I purchased a premium family plan in India but after changing my location to Canada and then trying to add my wife onto the family plan, I’m not allowed to add her. Anyone has any clue on what I’ve got to do to make this work. I’ve followed the instruction on the Spotify site, but she I’m not able to add her to the family plan and also not able to change from India to Canada.

My device: iPhone 6

Wife’s device: Samsung A70

Thanks.

Nigel.

3 Replies

Hello @NigelManuel,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium Family in India but since moved to Canada, you need to update your payment method in order to change your country settings. Once you've done that your wife will be able to join your Family plan.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Xenia - thanks for replying.
When I try and change the country to Canada, I’m being prompted to change my plan. Does that mean I will lose out on my membership as I have almost a year left on the India family plan?

The strange thing is, I’m allowed to change the address to Canada on the family section but my wife is not able to access the invite I send to her.

Look forward to hear from you.

Thanks.

Regards,
Nigel Manuel.

Hi @NigelManuel,

Sorry for the confusion. The country your account is set up on must match the payment method you've entered when signing up for the subscription. If you purchase a prepaid plan, updating your payment details will take effect only after that prepaid time is spent. This is due to various technical and legal reasons.

With that said, you'll have to wait for the Premium period activated with the previous payment method to end before changing the country settings to your new location and signing up for a new plan with the conditions in the new country. 

All family members that have already been part of your plan before you moved to Canada will be able to continue using it with you at your new address.

Hope this answers your question. Give us a shout if there's anything else yo need help with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts