Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to delete family member, unable to cancel family plan

Unable to delete family member, unable to cancel family plan

A family member used the wrong facebook account to accept the family invite and now I can't delete that family member to fix it.

I tried downgrading my plan to Premium, but it won't remove them right away - we have to wait 11 more days.

Why can't we delete someone and why is this so difficult?

14 Replies

Hey @webmoosik!

You should be able to remove them from the Premium for Family plan over at https://www.spotify.com/family/.

For info on how to do that, check out https://support.spotify.com/article/premium-for-family/?ref=related. 

Cheers,

Lee

I am trying to delete a person from my Premium for Family but the delete button does not work.

I have tried this it does not work.

Salve c è qualcuno che parla italiano?

No I don't.

Having the same issue 😕 After I press "remove" my cursor turns into a red circle with a diagonal line through it, but nothing happens.

I have the same problem - the name links are inactive, including the "name" the "icon" and the ">" icon also. None work or respond when pressed. From this you should be able to tell that I tried the link suggested below already - I am using the correct page/feature to perform this but it doesnt work/respond.

I even tried the greyed out FAMILY PLAN FULL button, in the event that unlocked the feeature to delete. I have tried it on Safari, Chrome & IE on 2 laptops and 1 iphone, in IE you cant even load the family page (fair enough who uses IE nowadays anyway). So please dont suggest the sae solution - tried that ddnt work, anyone else got any clue? I'll contact suprot directly tomorrow if no aswers.

Thanks guys :0)

Same Frustration here!

I also can't find how to contact Spotify directly as I don't have a twitter account. 😞

I hope that we find some an answer.

Same problem here, have been able to remove people before but a new update has caused this feature to stop working

Not totally sure if current location has an affect, but I was trying to action this while I was travelling abroad.  I got in touch with Spotify via chat and the, very helpful, agent removed the family members for me.

Thanks for the help Julius T.

same problem!..:-(

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you are the manager of a Premium Family plan and you're having troubles removing a member, we'd first suggest giving it another try in an incognito or private window in your browser.

You can also try from a different device or browser, for example try again from a desktop browser if you're trying this on a mobile device.

You can find the steps to remove or invite a new member from your plan in this support site article.

Alternatively, you can ask your family member to leave the plan. To do that, they need to log in to their account page and follow the same steps mentioned in the support site article above.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have tried all of this but nothing will work.   I can see all my members but there is no functionality to add or remove the members.  I'm following the instructions below. 

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/invite-remove-family-member/

Hey there @kore007,

Thanks for reaching out!

Since you can't see the option to remove members from the Family plan, it's possible that you're not the plan owner, or that you're logged in to a different Spotify account. We suggest that you make sure you're logged into the correct account, just to be on the safe side.

Keep in mind that you won't be able to remove or add members, if you're not the plan owner, as this action only is possible for the owner. You can check if you're the plan owner or a member on this page. There it should also display who the owner is, should you be a plan member.

If you're the owner of the Family plan, and you're still unable to remove members, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your Account page > Premium Family? Just make sure it doesn't include any personal info.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts