Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I presently have a 3 month promo Premium subscription which was $0.99.  I wish to upgrade to Family Premium.  I will be the owner of the family account and will invite other family members.

Do I cancel the $0.99 subscription and re-subscribe with a family membership, or just use the CHANGE option?

When I started the CHANGE option, I got the message: If you confirm, your plan will change immediately. Starting 5/3/19, you’ll pay $17.99 automatically each month, but you won’t be double-charged for days you’ve already paid for ... does that mean that I will continue with the promo subscription until 5/3/19 (nearly 6weeks more) but as a FAMILY account, or will the family account not start until that date and upon first payment of $17.99?  If the former is correct, then that would be better value than cancelling and re-subscribing.

1 Reply

Hey @Starruby

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

To upgrade from Premium to Premium for Family, you just need to visit https://spotify.com/family.

Doing this will revert your remaining Premium time into Premium for Family time and this can bring your payment date forward 🙂

Hope this clears things up!

Suggested posts