Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Using Family-Account an Spotify Connect

Using Family-Account an Spotify Connect

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 10+, Macbook Pro, Win 10)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Hi there,

I'm the "Admin" of a Family-Account. Now we want to use a connect-Compatible Speaker. It seems preaty easy. The Speaker is attached to our Wifi an every User of our Family-Group can use it. The Other Members of my Group use Every Device i write down. Only my acoount doesnt work. The Speaker remains Grey in the "play with" menu. When i disconnect my account on my samsung s10+ and my wife connects her account on my device it works flawless.  i try every device of my family members. everytime i use my account it changes from working to notworking. i am sorry for my bad english. Please help.

Bye

Paraben

4 Replies

Re: Using Family-Account an Spotify Connect

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hi there @Paraben

thanks for reaching out !

You can start things off by checking out the official Spotify Connect page here.

Furthermore, could you please let me know what if everyone on the plan are disconnected and you're trying to play music with your device ?

In addition, adding a screenshot of what you see on your screen might help indicate further steps needed.

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Casual Listener
Thanks for your advice.
The Situation is the same , if everyone is disconnected.
When i try to connect my device is visible but grey. I couldnt choose it.

Casual Listener

In my screenshot you can see the greyed area. Everyone else of my family could choose Volumio.

Screenshot_20201026-175122_Spotify.jpg

Hi there @Paraben,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you running a clean reinstall of the app on your device, following the steps described in this article exactly?

If that doesn't make a difference, try logging in with your account on the device of another Family member and streaming music to the speaker.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
SUGGESTED POSTS