Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Family account during extend time overseas

Using Family account during extend time overseas

We’ve had a family account in the US for a while, but now all 4 of us have moved to Australia for a year. So our new address is in Australia (and I updated it in the family app settings), we all live in the same house, but my credit cards are still from US banks so I’m forced to stay registered as a US user.

Anyway, I was cleaning up the family accounts and tried to create new sub-accounts for my daughters, but it won’t accept our new Australian address. Am I effectively blocked from using a family account if my family’s residence is in Australia but my billing address is in the US?

We’ve been loyal Spotify users for many years, so hopefully there is a solve so we don’t have to switch service.

1 Reply

Hey @sonic1000 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

In this case, you'll need a payment method issued in Australia if you'd like to continue using the Premium Family plan there.

Spotify uses the payment method registered on the account to verify your location and that's why it's not possible to pay with a card that's been issued in a different country.

You can check which payment methods are available in Australia here.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts