Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Premium for Family on two devices at the same time

Using Premium for Family on two devices at the same time

Hi, is it possible to use two devices at the same time? 

Both accounts are members of one Premium for Family plan, but we are not able to listen to Spotify separately, both devices are playing same song at the same time.

We have samsung galaxy s8 and s8+

Thank you.

3 Replies

Hey @jakhoj, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you're doing great!

One great thing about Premium for Family is that everyone on the plan is able to listen to music whenever you want without any interruptions. 

It seems like both members are on the same account, which is why you're having issues. Spotify allows one account listening at a time.

To make sure this doesn't happen - if the members of the plan don't yet have a Spotify account, please make them create one here. Then, you should be able to send them an invite here. If you're the owner and are unsure how to send an invite, check under 'Mange members' here

If the members on your plan already have a Spotify account - you should also be able to send them an invite using the steps I provided in the link above.

I hope this helps! If you're having any issues, just let me know 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you. I am sure that we have two different accounts. Maybe in the past I signed up on my wife's computer, I will check it asap...

Hey @jakhoj.

Thanks for the reply!
Could you send me a screenshot of the 'Premium for Family' section in your account page here? Please make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts