Using Spotify Family with young kids and Google Home

Highlighted

Re: Using Spotify Family with young kids and Google Home

Not to mention that with the kids using the adult account, Spotify's suggestions, recommendations, year in review, etc is now horribly skewed/out of whack. My discover weekly now consists almost entirely of things my 8 year old would listen to. Me, not so much. 

I have no problem making the kids their own Spotify accounts on the family plan but in this case, Google requires EACH Home/mini user to have their OWN device (phone/tablet) in order to make profiles. So even with individual Spotify accounts, they can't use them on the home/mini without their own device to link the two.

Highlighted

Visitor

This is exactly why I'm here. I walked into my 7 year old's room to hear Eminem's Godzilla (unfiltered) because I switched to YouTube Music from GPM (same reason, trying to get ahead of the involuntary switch). Decided it was time to give Spotify a try... guess I'll just take advantage of the trial period and go crawling right back to Google. It's a shame because I like the Spotify app a lot more. It's probably tough to hear because it's not an easily solved issue (except to let more cheaters in the door) but I have 3 kids under 10 and I'm not creating each one of them Spotify account, and HOPING Voice Match actually figures out who they are and shutting off my music.

Highlighted

Visitor

How do I link spotify kids to my google home?  

SUGGESTED POSTS