Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Want to upgrade to Family, but Premium account attached to PS4

Want to upgrade to Family, but Premium account attached to PS4

Signed up through PS4 for SPotify premium. I want to upgrade it to family but can't find an option through PS4 for that.  So I've cancelled the auto-renew and revoked access by PSStore.

How do I dissociate my PS4 account so I can upgrade to family.  I don't really care about the 2 weeks or so I have paid up at this point before the next renewal, and I'd really rather not wait 2 weeks until I can do it.

4 Replies

Hey @Tarmack, welcome to the community!

If you had the subscription set up via your PSN wallet, you need to cancel it.

Sadly, you'll need to wait until the account goes back to Free to get the Premium for Family plan here.

Right now, Spotify can't manage third party subscription, so we can't turn your account back to Free on our end.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi Alfredo,

I've cancelled the auto renewal but could the instructions on 'how to cancel your subscription' didn't really help as there is no subscriptions menu where I could cancel the Premium.

Can you please help how I can change my subscription to Family pack if the original Premium registration is via Playstation?

Thanks,

Dani

Hey there @Dani841, we'll gladly help you further! 

As @Alfredo mentioned, you'll need to cancel your current subscription directly via PlayStation. You can check their support page here to see how to do that.

If you've done that, you'll need to give it some time until the Premium time you've paid for runs out and your account reverts on the free service. After that you should be able to subscribe to Premium Family.

Keep us posted on how it goes and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any more questions 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thanks Katerina! 🙂

Suggested posts