Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is the correct moment to upgrade to Premium for Family?

Solved!

What is the correct moment to upgrade to Premium for Family?

Premium

Brazil

Hi, I currently have the individual Premium plan but I want to switch to the Family plan. But should I migrate before my plan ends? When will billing for the Family plan begin?

My brother wants to join the Family plan with me, but they already paid the individual Premium plan on October 12th. Does he need to wait until his plan period is over before he can join my invitation?

Thankful.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Ari28!

Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully I can help you clear things up 🙂

When you upgrade your subscription from regular Premium to Premium for Family, any remaining time that you've already paid for will be converted into a Premium for Family subscription, so this can bring your next payment date forward. However, if you subscribed through any other company than Spotify, you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Premium for Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for canceling.

On the other hand, if another user wants to join your Premium for Family, after they accept the invite, they'll be added to Premium for Family when their current billing period runs out. They won't be charged for their account any further - their payments are handled by the plan owner.

However, if their Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party - such as iTunes or a mobile operator - they'll need to contact them to cancel their Premium.

Hope that helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @Ari28!

Thanks for reaching out. Hopefully I can help you clear things up 🙂

When you upgrade your subscription from regular Premium to Premium for Family, any remaining time that you've already paid for will be converted into a Premium for Family subscription, so this can bring your next payment date forward. However, if you subscribed through any other company than Spotify, you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Premium for Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for canceling.

On the other hand, if another user wants to join your Premium for Family, after they accept the invite, they'll be added to Premium for Family when their current billing period runs out. They won't be charged for their account any further - their payments are handled by the plan owner.

However, if their Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party - such as iTunes or a mobile operator - they'll need to contact them to cancel their Premium.

Hope that helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts