Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What to do after accepting a Family invitation

What to do after accepting a Family invitation

Hi there. 

I am a Premium for Family member, and I have invited my children. However, once the invitation e-mail arrives, it does not seem to work. I noted down the invitation code and pressed Accept Invitation. I (on my daughter's iPad) then get to a log in page. I have tried two things:

1. Logging in as myself (the Premium for Family subscriber).

2. Trying to create login for my daughter.

Reg. 1) I can login, but that only means my daughter's device now runs via my login. To my understading, this is not how it should work. I assume my own login cannot be used on too many devices.

Reg. 2) As my daughter is only 6 years old, I cannot create a login for her. So that's another dead end.

By the way, I have not stumpled across a page where I can enter the invitation code.

How do I get this to work? 

5 Replies

Hey there @nsh73,

thanks for posting !

I believe this help page would deliver all answers needed on your issue.

Let me know if you have further questions 😃

Hi OneByBoo.

Thanks for your reply. However, before adding my question, I started off by going through the page, which you also referred to. It didn't solve my problem. Therefore, the problem remains.

Best regards

Nicolai

Hey there @nsh73,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community regarding this!

All members of a Premium for Family plan will need to have their own Spotify account. You can find out more info about signing up here.

Once you've sent an invite for your family members, if you're using the same device, log out of your Spotify account, or ask them to try the steps below in an incognito or private window:

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan.
  2. You'll receive an email with a link to join. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You'll be redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation. 
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

If your daughter sees an error message when signing up for her own Spotify account, it'd be helpful if you could add a screenshot of it. Just make sure that no private or sensitive info is displayed.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Dear Katerina.

Thanks for your input. Yesterday, I found out that I had to use a laptop to make the invitations work. That did the trick. It would not work on the iPad.

However, I had to create profiles for my daughters. They are only 6 and 8, which meant that I had to bump back their birth dates. Why is it that I should have to do this? I am sure that many other families have small children, whom would like to use Spotify Premium for Family on their device.

Best regards

Nicolai

Hey again @nsh73,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear all's well now!

There's currently an idea regarding this here. We'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback in a comment in that thread to show your support for this feature.

You can also take a look here if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with! Have a lovely day 🙂
KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts