Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can I play tracks from one account, but not from another?

Why can I play tracks from one account, but not from another?

I have a premium family account, of which I am the main owner, and the one who's paying for it. 

I was trying to play Massive Attack's Mezzanine earlier on my laptop, which has had

Account: Premium Family
Device: MacBook Pro late 2012

Operating System: OSX Mojave

Spotify installed for years, and from which I have played said album many times. The album shows in the search results, but I cannot play it. I get a message telling me that Spotify can't play it right now, but I can import the songs if they are on my computer. However, I can play the album perfectly fine on my phone. Furthermore, after logging off my account and logging in with my partner's details (on the same premium family account, and on the same laptop), I can play the album with no problem. Logging back into my account, and I can't play any of the songs, or quite a few other songs from Massive Attack OR other artists. 

I have turned off any local file options, hoping this would resolve the issue, sadly it hasn't. I have removed the app from my laptop, reinstalled it, but to no change. I have now wasted over half an hour trying to listen to the album I wanted, and finding help. 

I have been trying to get some help from Spotify directly, but it appears that it is now completely impossible to speak to anyone and get help from them. I am for the first time considering cancelling my subsibtion, after having had one continuously since they first released their iOS app. Why is it so difficult to get some help? 

1 Reply

Hey there @themilkman,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Just to confirm, can you try the following and let us know if the issue perists:

• Sing in our web player on your desktop device and see if the song plays there like your mobile device.
  • Play the track over a different WiFi or data connection from your desktop device.

If it does, we'd first suggest checking the troubleshooting steps here.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts