Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is it so difficult to add new family members?? Seriously? this is fkd!

Why is it so difficult to add new family members?? Seriously? this is fkd!

Please give us a real step by step page with instructions on how to add members - this is CRAZY - Why is it so difficult?

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Hey there @jemleung

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

You can find a step-by-step manual on how to start a Premium Family subscription on this support page.

More info on how the family plan works can be found here

If you still can't activate Premium Family after trying all the steps listed, let us know and we'll help you further. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Dear Spotify team,

Today our new family account started as part of our KPN agreement. To me it is totally unclear how to contect the other family members. What you suggets is just not working!!

The fact that Spotify is also almost not reachable for any questions and the reseller has no clue at all I am almost at the point to cancel everything and swicth to antoher music platform!!

Please contact me directly and give the support one can expect as a paying member instead of all work arounds

Hello @samenju,

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties adding your family members to your plan. Not to worry - We'll help you out!

If you’re paying for Premium Family through our partner KPN, you won’t see our new plan just yet. It’s coming soon though! You’ll receive an email as soon as it’s available.

For now, you can invite your family members to join your Premium for Family plan by following these steps: 

1. Go to your account page and click Premium for Family in the menu on the left.
  2. You will be asked to fill in your home address before inviting the first member.
  3. Click SUBMIT.
  4. Enter the email of the person you want to invite and their first and last name.
  5. Click SEND INVITE.
  6. Confirm an agreement before inviting the member (This will happen for each invite).
  7. You will be shown a ‘Your Spotify Premium for Family’ page and can verify that the invite was sent

Hope this information is useful. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here.

Entered the main address. Adres perfectly found and "verified".. then send the link to family members and they can not join because the address does not match. 

However: they use the identical address that is also "verified" by the form. 

Annoying !

Hi @pmpn8ntez,

Thanks for the feedback – we appreciate it! We always aim to improve, so we’ll get this passed on to the right team!

If you're having difficulties verifying your home address to join a Family plan, we'd suggest you check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps! We'll be right here, if you have any other questions 🙂

Stay safe and have a great day ahead.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts