Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I lose my saved playists/songs/artists if I don't pay premium on time?

Solved!

Will I lose my saved playists/songs/artists if I don't pay premium on time?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10, Desktop (Windows 10)

Operating System

(Android Pie One UI, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Previously, I use premium for students and pay 5 EUR per month. A friend of mine wants to send me an invitation to use Family Premium, which will cost me 2,5 EUR per month. I already cancelled of my current premium. The problem is that my current premium subscription will end today (10 Jun. 2019), but my friend will send me the invitation on 12 Jun. 2019. I'm afraid that if I wait until 12 Jun. I'll lose all my saved musics, playlists, and artists which I don't want to.

Question is, am I going to lose them?

When I cancelled my subscription Spotify sent me an email saying that I won't be able to listen to my saved musics offline if I don't get back to premium by today, but didn't say anything about losing all saved songs. 

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @petefrdm

thanks for posting !

When your accounts reverts to free, you will be able to use the free susbcription feature without loosing any of you content.

Joining the new subscription after the account reverts to free will not effect your content.

Hope this helps 😃

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @petefrdm

thanks for posting !

When your accounts reverts to free, you will be able to use the free susbcription feature without loosing any of you content.

Joining the new subscription after the account reverts to free will not effect your content.

Hope this helps 😃

That's great! Thank you for your reply 😄

Hey @petefrdm,

You're welcome !

Enjoy Spotify 😃

One more question: Since I've already extended my 'Premium for student' account for another month. Now my premium will expire on 10. July. If I want to join my friend's 'Premium for family', do I have to wait until my student premium expire (after 10. July) or can I join the family premium right away? The only thing I know now is that I have to cancel my student premium first before joining premium for family.

Again, thank you in advance for your reply.

Hey there @petefrdm

Canceling the current premium will keep your subscription active till the end of its billing date.

I recommend waiting till it reverts back to the Free subscription before doing any changes.

Hope this helps 😃

How do i get my playlist switching from free to family plan. I have lost all my playlist

Hey there @Buick1,

You own a free subscription, wants to upgrade to Premium for Family and affraid to loose your playlists ?

Let me know if i'm right 🙂

Suggested posts