Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong page shown when clicking Accept invitation button?

Wrong page shown when clicking Accept invitation button?

Plan

Family

Country

Belgium

My Question or Issue

I recently created a Family group. Three of four family members had no trouble accepting the invitation, but when we click the accept button in the invite e-mail for the last account, the normal Spotify log in/sign up webpage appears, which says nothing about a Family plan. We already tried:
- Creating a new account using the e-mail address to which the invitation was sent, but this simply creates a new account that is not connected to the Family plan
- Using different e-mail addresses, but the invitation e-mail always leads to the login page. 

4 Replies

I have exactly the same problem trying to add my youngest daughter. The link in the invitation mail leads to the login/register page and nowhere to fill in the invitation code.

Hey there @plantboy17 and @pontga,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

When your family members receive an email with a link to join your plan, they should be redirected to their account page upon clicking "Accept Invitation", where they should see a confirmation screen.

However, if they are not already logged in their Spotify account on that device or they don't have an account yet, they'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation. It sounds like this is what's happening here. Could you ask them to log in their own Spotify accounts after clicking on the button to accept your invite?

Keep in mind that:

• If they're accepting the invite on the same device it was sent from, make sure you've logged out of your account page first. 
  • All members have their own personal Spotify account to enjoy the Premium features when joining your plan.
  • If they subscribed to Spotify Premium through a third party, e.g. a mobile provider, they'll need to cancel their subscription with them before joining your Premium for Family plan.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd recommend asking them to follow the steps listed here to join your plan in an incognito or private window in their browser.

Let us know how things go! We'll be right here if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi again, I actually gave up this for a while, but now I really need this to work!

The problem is that my daughter doesn’t have an account yet and I cant register her since shes only 7 years old. I thought that was one of the main reasons for having the family plan?

I sent her the invitation link from my iPhone to her iPad, so its not the same device either.

Please help me out with this!

Hey @pontga,

Thanks for reaching out to us again.

The member you are trying to invite to your Family plan needs to have their own Spotify account before they can join (they should be prompted to create one anyway upon receiving the invitation).

However, it sounds like your daughter does not meet the age requirements for a Spotify account. We suggest you keep an eye out for our recently launched Kids app, which is currently only available in select countries, but which we hope will be in other countries too soon.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions about any of the above.

Suggested posts