Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your account is already in use somewhere else

Your account is already in use somewhere else

I have an premium family account, which is shared between me and two other people. But today when I wanted to listen to music, I got a notification that I can't play music since it is being played somewhere else. I have already logged in and out, but it doesn't help. Why does this happen? 

4 Replies

Hi @Mit420!

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Can you check whether you actually have Spotify Premium for Family, or just one Premium account that you share?

If you're sharing one account: You can listen to music on only one device at the same time. This means that if one of the other people is playing music on their device, you cannot play music on yours.

If that's not the case, please tell me and we'll dig deeper into the issue.

I have an actual family account!

Okay, can you check if no one else is logged into your account? Maybe one of your family members is accidentally using yours instead of their own or maybe you left your account open on another device.

If you get a notification saying your account is in use elsewhere, just tap that message to see where.

Alternatively you can see where your acount is in use. For the desktop version it's simple. Click on the second icon in the bottom right corner (the one with a speaker on it).

Switch to the device you are using right now to play your music. 🙂

For a mobile device i need to know what device you are using. (Apple, Android or other)

i have the same problem, sometimes and it is frustrating!! shutting down spotify on other devices can help, but i'm not sure if it is the total tric...

Suggested posts