Premium

Country

France

Device

(iPad, Oneplus 5, MSI GP63)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have recently purchased a Premium Family Account with Spotify and I am having issues adding my roomates. Once my invitation is sent, they can't successfully accept the invite, they are redirected to the spotify subscription page because they are premium subscribers. But I would like to be able to pass in family plan, how to do?

Information sooner than later will be greatly appreciated!!

1 Reply

Hi @Sanglor, welcome to the community!

In this case they should try again, but this time using different browsers in their computers. Cleaning cache before can also be helpful.

Note that if they are subscribed to Spotify Premium through a third party, e.g. their mobile provider, they need to cancel the subscription with them to join Premium for Family.

So just confirming the steps for them:

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan.
  2. You'll receive an email with a link to join. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can only switch from one Family plan to another once every 12 months.
  • You can’t combine it with any trials, or offers such as the student discount.
  • If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider), you need to cancel your subscription with them to upgrade to Premium for Family.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts