Premium

Country

Ukraine

Device

Google Plus 3a

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

I was invited to join a family account on Spotify. I already have a single premium account. The issue is that my account was set up in Italy and the family account I-m trying to join is located in Ukraine. I tried to change my country by updating my payment card to the Ukrainian one and it seemed to go through (The amount I'm supposed to be charged next month is equivalent to a regular Ukrainian Premium account) but the country that is shown on my profile is still "Italy" so when I try to join the family account it says that I can't do it because I'm trying to join the account from a different country. How can I solve th

3 Replies

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Unfortunately, family members must be located at the same physical address and have the same country set for their account to qualify for the family plan. Because your accounts have different countries set you will not be able to enroll in the family plan.

Thanks for your reply!

So here's the whole issue, I am in Ukraine and this is why my friends invited me to join the family account. This is also why I tried to change the country from Italy to Ukraine in my profile but it just doesn't let me. We do all live at the same address now.

Thanks for getting back to us @desperatereinde!

We'll be happy to explain a bit more about what seems to be happening here.

If you were able to change the payment method to one from Ukraine but your account is still set to Italy, you'll need to wait until your next payment date so that the change will go into effect.

When your next payment goes through your new registered card, the account should sync up and you will be able to join the Family plan. 

Another option is to cancel your subscription and when your account goes to the free service, you'll be able to change your country settings.

You can keep track of your subscription's status with the steps here.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts