Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

familiy members cannot see alexa devices?

familiy members cannot see alexa devices?

I am the administrator of the premium family account. There are 2 alexa devices (2 echo dot 3) and 2 google home device (2 Nest mini) in my household. I can see and use all 4 devices with my spotify account.

Now comes the strange things: All other members only see the google devices and none of the alexa devices in spotify. They all use android smartphones and tablets.

BUT if I use MY spotify account on THEIR devices I can see every device as usual!

That is really strange. Do I have to register the devices for the other members? If yes, how?

7 Replies

Nobody an idea?

That is really frustrating. Today my wife even could not see the google devices :(. 

Hey @sylvio2000,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community 🙂

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

If your account is connected to the Alexa app in order to use the voice commands, only you will be able to use Alexa. In this case, we'd suggest you get in touch with Amazon. The folks there can give you more information about the number of accounts you can add and how to proceed further. 

Your family members can still play their favorite jams on Alexa via Connect. Here you can find more information about it.

If your wife still experience this issue, we'd suggest she restarts her device and then log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, she can try these steps and run a clean reinstall. That way she can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues. Does the issue persist?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Just to add my bit here, same issue. 2 Echo dots, and 2 users on a family Spotify plan. If I sign the alexa devices into my Spotify, I can use Spotify connect to play to them and use voice commands, however my partner on her Spotify account can't see any devices via Spotify connect, and using Alexa to play music stops my phone. 

If I sign the Alexa device into another account under my Spotify family plan, playing back music via Alexa now doesn't affect my devices, but neither myself or my partner can find the devices under Spotify connect. 

What's the deal here, this is serious basic stuff just someone hasn't linked the family accounts bit with Spotify connect? This needs fixing!

Hey there @jaffa374,

Thanks for reaching out about this. We're happy to shed some light on the situation. 

At the moment, it's not really possible to use multiple Spotify accounts on your Amazon speakers but you can work around this by creating an Amazon Household and adding additional accounts. The Amazon devices will then let you switch between user profiles via voice command, so if you associate multiple Amazon accounts with different Spotify ones, you can get the desired effect.

You can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea, if this is a feature you'd like to see implemented in the future. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Solution: Sell your Alexa devices and buy Google devices. Now everything works 

Starting to think that... a family Spotify set of 5 people can all Spotify connect to a google speaker without any issue... 

Appreciate the reply but as someone else has stated already, you can do this without issue on google devices, they show up in Spotify connect without issue, so is the limitation on Amazon's end as opposed to Spotify's?

Suggested posts