Premium family

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

Whenever someone else on our family plan decides to listen to music while I'm not, it will put the little spotify thing in the notifications bar as if I'm listening from my phone. Its irritating not only because of that but because it overrides whatever I was last listening to so I have to go into my playlists or saved songs and find it myself. Is there any way to fix this? I'd like for spotify to not be wreaking havoc on my phone battery and to keep my music separate from everyone else's

9 Replies

Hi @s0ddeq-asw_9h 

Thanks for reaching out to the community, Can you send me a screenshot of that so I can decide what we need to do to fix this. 🙂

-J

I mean, I have to wait for it to happen again before I could give you a screenshot

I can show you this? None of these are mine: the last listener's recently played has completely overridden mine.

Screenshot_20181219-181904_Spotify.jpg

It's also on my homescreen. that's not my heavy rotation. It's like their account had become mine until I listen to my own music again

Screenshot_20181219-182147_Spotify.jpg

Hi again,

It sounds like someone has access to your account, try following these steps to secure your account, and hopefully we can move in the direction of getting your Spotify experience back up and running. 🙂

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

-J

Um....are you sure THATS it and it's not just some shitty glitch with the family plan?

Hi again,
Yeah I am fairly sure that is the problem, the family plan cannot control an account, only another user can listen to music on your account.
-J

Okay....this didnt start happening until I joined the family account but alright. Not marking it as resolved until I know it wont happen again though

Hello @s0ddeq-asw_9h! I hope you don't mind if I jump in. 

It sounds like all of your family members are using the same Spotify account for your Premium for Family. When you sign up for Premium for Family, each of you will be able to join the plan with a different account (up to 5 people can join your plan). That way, each person can listen to their own music without being interrupted. I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for more info.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts