Premium Family Plan

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 10 with google assistant and 2 google mini speakers

Operating System

iphone, google assistant

My Question or Issue

I started with 3 google mini divices and a 30 day trial for Premium. After 1 week, loved it, so my husband took one google mini to work and I signed us up for the family premium plan. If I am listening at home and my husband trys to listen at work at the same time, the google mini says it cant play because it is being used by another account holder.

I used the invite for him to start his own account with in the family plan. Not using mine.

How can we both play music using the google assistant/google mini?

thanks so much.  Jennifer

1 Reply

Hey there @catboat-us,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this!

First, keep in mind that each of you will need to have linked your Google accounts with the Google Home mini device you're having troubles with. You can check this in the "Linked account(s)" section that you can locate by tapping your preferred Google home mini device from the Google Home app and then selecting the Settings wheel. 

After that, we'd recommend double checking that your husband has linked Spotify with his account through the Google Home app. He can do so by following the steps below:

1. Download the Google Home app and open it.
  2. Tap the menu in the top-left corner.
  3. Tap Account preferences, then Linked media accounts.
  4. Select Spotify and tap Link Account, then Log in to Spotify.
  5. Tap OKAY to confirm.

He can always follow the steps here to unlink his Spotify account from the Google Home app, if there's another Spotify account linked. Then, he can try the steps listed above to link his correct Spotify account.

Further, you'll also need to make sure that you have Voice Match activated on each of your accounts. You can find out how to do so here.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts