Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

having 2 accounts (1 for my cell and 1 for home)

having 2 accounts (1 for my cell and 1 for home)

Hi, I'd like to be able to use my account (family) with my phone and at home at the same time.

My Sonos and google home devices are linked to my Spotify Premium account but when my family want to listen music at home, I cannot listen music on my phone anymore.

I tried to create another email address and invite it to my Spotify plan and edit the address to prove that we live at the same place (I'm the same person right :-p), but it keeps saying that "It looks like you’re trying to join Premium Family from a different country" !!

Help please, for now I'm not using my plan at its full potential, I've only added 2 members to my plan (me and my wife)

4 Replies

Hey there @Ledesk,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here and welcome to the Community!

You're right that one account can't be used at the same time on two devices. If it's a manager account of a Premium Family Plan, you can only add free accounts to the plan. This page will show you how to do it. The individual accounts will then all have Premium and can be used simultaneously, each on a different device.

To avoid the message you get we suggest you double check the country settings on all accounts. If the country of the manager account isn't correct you should cancel the subscription and wait until the account reverts to free. Then try changing the country setting and get a new plan with a payment method issued in the country you currently reside in.

That should do the trick. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have an awesome day!   

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your response but I don't understand it.

As I said, I created a new free account (with a new email address) and invited this new account from my manager account.

I was able to activate it but when it asks to confirm that I'm living at the same address than the manager (which is still me so obviously YES), and I enter my address (still the same, same country...). It says that I'm not living in the same country (which is quite like saying that I'm not living at the same address than myself :-)).

So now that you say that to change the country I have to change my payment method, is it because I'm using a American Express credit card to pay my subscription ? and Spotify might assumes that I'm living in the US whereas my address (in my profile) is in Canada ?

Thanks

Alex

Anyone here ? 

Is there a way to actually contact someone by phone and have the issue resolved faster ?

Sorry but I'd really like to use my account

Thanks

Hey there @Ledesk,

Please excuse the delay in our reply.

Note that an account must have the same country settings as the manager account in order to successfully accept a Premium Family invite. Otherwise even if the correct address is entered, the verification will fail. You can learn more about how to change you country settings here.  Keep in mind that the payment method must also be issued in the same country. This means that you must use a Canadian payment method, since you're currently residing there. 

If that still doesn't do the trick, you can post screenshots of the country settings in both accounts and from the error message that pops up, when you try to accept the invite. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts