Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

if i delete my account, will it remove me from the family plan i’m on? like will that spot open up?

if i delete my account, will it remove me from the family plan i’m on? like will that spot open up?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hi @jane_e_u and welcome to the Community! 🙂

In order to free your account from the Family plan, the plan owner would need to remove you. This would then free up the spot in the Family plan for a different user and would put your individual account back to Free. The support page for Family can help walk through that process.
Once your account reverts to free, you can sign up for a solo Premium account if you wanted - which would retain your Library and playlists. If you close the account entirely it will erase anything you might've saved or had curated for you. There's more info on that located here.

I hope this was helpful and feel free to reply if you have any questions.

Have an amazing day! 🙂

thanks so much! i’m planning on deleting my account anyway, and i just
wanted to make sure that when i do delete it, it’ll be totally gone and it
won’t still be taking up a spot on the family plan or anything. i’m
assuming that’s the case, but i just wanted to be sure... thank you!!!

Hey there @jane_e_u,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community regarding this!

In addition to what @Bethany_Dawn mentions above, keep in mind that in order to close your Spotify account permanently, your account will need to be on the Free version. This means that you'll first need to leave the plan by following the steps here before closing your account.

Hope this helps further! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts