Plan

Premium Family

Country

Canada

Device

Iphone 7 plus

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Hi I just noticed that my January monthly payment has been increased from $14.99 to $15.89? But it's still $14.99 on Spotify website. Any notification/update online I could find when the change started  ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @mmin,

Thanks for checking your receipts and sending the screenshots.

We can confirm that as of January 1st, 2020, we’re required to apply Saskatchewan’s sales tax to your monthly Spotify subscription payments. 

We've sent out 2 email notifications in advance to let all affected customers know. If you haven't received any messages from us, we recommend to check if the email address registered with your account is still up to date. 

We hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @mmin, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this. 
Could you check your receipts page and send me a screenshot of the recent charge for $15.89? Make sure to click on the $15.89 charge and then send me a screenshot. Please hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

I'll take a look!

-Updated link:  Receipts

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J,

I've attached screenshot from online banking page. Thanks.

<snip - Moderator Edit>

Hey @mmin,

Sorry for the confusion! I meant to say the Spotify receipts page. I updated the link in my last reply so you can click on it and then send me a screenshot of your receipts from your Spotify account.

Let me know what happens!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J,

Sorry I thought it was for card transaction and I didn't know there is receipt tab on my Spotify account. Now I've attached the receipt. I noticed that the extra charged money is due to provincial tax, which hasn't been charged before. So will this be charged to future subscription?

<snip - Moderator Edit>

Marked as solution

Hey there @mmin,

Thanks for checking your receipts and sending the screenshots.

We can confirm that as of January 1st, 2020, we’re required to apply Saskatchewan’s sales tax to your monthly Spotify subscription payments. 

We've sent out 2 email notifications in advance to let all affected customers know. If you haven't received any messages from us, we recommend to check if the email address registered with your account is still up to date. 

We hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Suggested posts