Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"You can't join your own plan" - Son getting this message when I invite him to join my Premium acc

"You can't join your own plan" - Son getting this message when I invite him to join my Premium acc

Is there anyone that can help? I have a family premium account and have tried multiple times to "add" my son using the invite address provided by Spotify on the account page. However, every time he uses the link he is getting a message saying "You can't join your own plan". He has been using my account on his phone up until now. We have tried logging out of that on his phone and sending another link but he still gets the same message.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @delilahboo23,

I hope you and your Family and keeping well. Could you & your son try using a different device to accept the invitation and let me know how that goes?

Keep well,

I have tried sending the invitation from my phone and from my computer. He only uses it on his phone so there isn't really another device he can try it from unfortunately. I feel like I am missing something obvious, I'm not sure how it says he cannot join his own plan? Maybe because he has been using mine for so long under the premium?

Hey @delilahboo23,

could you ask him to accept it using your computer or your phone for example. Your son won’t have to permanently use the device to use Spotify but just to accept the invite as some times some browsers can cause this and this usually fixes the issue.

Suggested posts