Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

random adds onto my family account

random adds onto my family account

I have a family plan and have been sent 2 or 3 emails asking me to reset my password but the emails have been in spanish. is there a current scam out with this?

Also i got an email sying that Spotify couldnt comfirm the address of one of my family members. when i loged in to look at this, there was a random person names "john snow" on my family list. Has any one else had this happen before? i had changed my password a month ago as i couldnt remember what it was and the new name wasnt on the account then. 

2 Replies

I haven't seen this before as an issue, but I would suggest that you either remove them from the family plan in 'Manage your family plan', change your password to a new secure one, or select the 'Sign Out Everywhere' button and re-login where you need to. 

You can find 'Sign Out Everywhere' and 'Manage your family plan' in account overview when you log onto spotify website.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 11.24.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 11.25.03 PM.png

Hey there @kryt13,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

It sounds like you've taken the right first steps about this by logging out on all devices and removing any members you see in your plan that you don't recognize.

On top of the above, we'd recommend following the steps provided in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support teams can take a closer look behind the scenes for you.

On another note, we'd suggest taking a look at this support site article as well for more info on what to do if you see any suspicious emails.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts