Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to accept invite for premium for family

unable to accept invite for premium for family

After clicking the link to accept my invitation, I get a spinning green wheel and the page just hangs there.

I tried multiple different browsers on a destop.  Tried ingognito.  Tried having the link resent to me multiple times.

What's the problem?

Capture.PNG
10 Replies

Same problem! I had premium for family already with my wife, but it spontaneously booted me from her plan this weekend. When she tried to reinvite me, this was the result. I tried different devices too, but occurs on all devices.

Same here. My family can't upgrade. Mine works fine!

UPDATE:

So I chatted with support for over an hour. We tried troubleshooting the issue but were unsuccessful.

Basically there is no way for support to activate invitations on the backend. They can resend invitations themselves as well as verify that the account owner has sent invitations. But since there is currently a bug within their code that prevents invitation page from loading, we're out of luck.

A formal ticket was placed in their system. It'll take "days" before the issue is resolved. I was offered a free month of premium. However, when they tried activating my free month, they ran into another issue that prevented them from activating it. At this point the situation was escalated to a supervisor.

So I'm hold to sit tight, wait a few days, resend the invite to myself, and try again.

I am having the same issue!

same thing down here!

The same problem. 

Its also impossible to contact polish Spotify. I checked everywhere. No contact. They just charged me and the premium version doesnt work for my familly.

I am also having this problem. My wife sent me an invitation to join Premium for Family and when I attempt to accept the invitation, it creates a second Premium account. I have been unable to speak with anyone from Spotify Support in Canada. Might just stick with Apple Music. This is very frustrating and we are already paying for Premium for Family.

Sam here my son has been trying for 2 weeks to accept invitation.

Sent invitation several times.

When my son clicks link just hangs.

Paying for somting now I cannot use, this is not acceptable!

WOW, Has this been fixed for anyone? Because it is now Jan 2018 and the same thing is happening to my family.

My family is also having an issue and unable to activate their links. This is very frustrating. 

Suggested posts