Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Oneplus 6t

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

We are having a premium family plan with me, my wife and daughter. We are getting a divorce. I would like to keep my familyplan with my daughter, but my wife would like her own account (family plan or not) without losing al her current playlists. How do we do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: using premium family plan after divorce

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hi @admahabali

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Your daughter can still be a member of your Premium Family plan as long as you both live together. For more info on Premium Family, check this Support article

If your wife is currently a member of your Premium Family plan but wants to start her own or enjoy Individual Premium, she needs to leave the current Premium Family plan:

1. She can log in to her account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Here she can either switch to another Premium plan, or choose CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free

No worries, she wont lose any playlists or follows, it's just the subscription that changes. 

You can also remove her from your plan. Just follow the steps under Invite or remove members provided in the Support article I linked above. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Emilia_8Rock Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: using premium family plan after divorce

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hi @admahabali

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Your daughter can still be a member of your Premium Family plan as long as you both live together. For more info on Premium Family, check this Support article

If your wife is currently a member of your Premium Family plan but wants to start her own or enjoy Individual Premium, she needs to leave the current Premium Family plan:

1. She can log in to her account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Here she can either switch to another Premium plan, or choose CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free

No worries, she wont lose any playlists or follows, it's just the subscription that changes. 

You can also remove her from your plan. Just follow the steps under Invite or remove members provided in the Support article I linked above. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Emilia_8Rock Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS