Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

why did you remove my sisters and brother from the premiun account?

why did you remove my sisters and brother from the premiun account?

I have the family plan for I think a year or more already, and suddenly my sisters and brother got kicked off from spotify? Why is that?

11 Replies

Hey @pgandarillas, welcome to the community!

Thanks for getting in touch with us, we'll do our best to help you out.

Right now All members of a Premium for Family plan must reside at the same physical address as mentioned in our T&Cs. If the address can't be verified or if it's not the same as the one used by the account owner, they're removed from the plan.

If you're not sharing the same physical address, each account can get the regular Premium subscription.

Let us know if you have any questions.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

How do you verify that? I did not add an address not even postal code since I live in BOLIVIA and we do not have that here.

Same here for Austria. I have only entered a post code and it seems the address validation therefore fails. My girlfriend has been kicked from the family account two times already, even with a new account.

We both live at the same place but Spotify doesn't seem to care. Google Music here I come.

Same here. We have 3 accounts in my family. and noone can join to Family plan.

So tbis means that if Spotify addreds verification fail so the users are the losers. 

So this means that if Spotify addreds verification fail so the users are the losers. I'm finding your policies really smelly Not liking it. I have a join account in Netflix and we have no.problem. Update spotify. I need a solution.NOW.

Capture+_2018-01-05-16-39-53.png

Same here. I need resolution 

Hey everyone!

When the plan owner purchases the Premium for Family plan, they should get a pop up to enter the physical address as they're sending the first invitation. This is the information that is used to validate the address of the other plan members when they join.

If your family members are sharing the same physical address, but are still unable to join the plan, it'd be best to contact our Support team.

You can give them a shout via Twitter or Facebook. They'll be able to take a closer look at the accounts to help you out as soon as possible.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

My Sisters were able to connect after several tries. My brother was kicked off again. This is being really annoying. Need some help to add him back and keep him with the premium account

Same problem here in Istanbul . My wife and boys were kicked off. I kicked the Spotify off than. Wanted to give another chance today.Same B.S . Spotify one more kicked off. Why someone does not take care of this issue ? You are making enough and no need our money ? Is that it ? 

NO DUDE IT WON'T work the way you describe !

Suggested posts