Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Activated Student premium but don't have it

Activated Student premium but don't have it

About a week ago I tried to activate Student premium. At first it wasn't working (the process started, I gave there my name and everything, but I couldn't move to verifying) and then i figured out, I gave there different email adress (on which there is no Spotify account and never was).

EDIT: I tried to find out, if there is na acount on the 'wrong' email adress and there is one, but the student premium isn't working on there either.

However, then I put there the right email adress, it finally started doing something. I verified that I'm student (on my Universitie's page) and then it started loading and nothing happened, there was just the loading screen. I closed the window and tried to do it again, but I can't, because 'I'm already verified somewhere', but the Student premium is not working. So now I don't know, what to do.

Every time I put there my phone number to tell me, when the verification is done, but no message came.

Can I somewhere find out, where my Student premium is now? Or what else can I do, if the premium is not active even though I'm verified? Please help...

8 Replies

The same thing happened to me. My student account was verified but the discount was not applied. Everytime I try to change the subscription to student premium through SheerID it says that I have already used the verification but I am still paying the full spotify premium price. I can't seem to find any reason behind it or any kind of help to sort it out. Haven't received any message or email about it all.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

There's a handy Spotify Answer on this topic here which should contain all the steps necessary for resolving this issue.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

Take care 🙂

I'm having the same issue. My account is verified as a student, but is the second month that comes a different and higher price.

I have exactly the same issue. My student status is verified, but I have apparently not been switched to premium student when I selected that a few months ago. Even now, I can't switch. I chatted with support, but all they did was stop my subscription I had a wire transfer for today. I could sign up again for student premium, but I have to pay 4,99 to do so. That doesn't feel right, overpaying 10,00 for several months, then paying an extra 4,99 to 'fix' the issue the spotify information system / user interface seems to have.

The link posted above by Peter doesn't seem to work for me

Hi @Jozefvdv,

Thanks for jumping in this thread!

Here's a bit more information about the discount: You could be verified as a student through SheerID but the discount still needs to be activated in your Spotify account. Once you're verified through SheerID, your discount is valid for one year. After that you'll have to verify it again. 

After you're verified through SheerID, you should subscribe to Premium Student again (update your payment details in your account), so that the discounted price will be applied to your account. 

Hope this helps!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Petya,
This doesn't help. That's exactly what I did a few times. I'm verified, and selected the Student Premium in my account settings, but when I select the Premium Student subscription, I enter a page saying a student account is available and nothing happens. Support employees haven't been able to help me, they also don't know what's going on. Strange thing is that they can't set my account to student in the background, they can only set it to free and I have to arrange a new subscription myself while paying the extra cost (remember I overpaid for months and just had a wire-transfer for my premium family account a day ago, the account that has been cancelled by a Spotify employee without consent). I'm in contact with support on this issue through mail now

Hi again @Jozefvdv,

Thanks for the quick reply! 

Well, if you haven't activated the student status after verification with SheerID, the regular price applies. In that case a refund is possible in 14 days after payment. 

If your account is now on Free, you should be able to subscribe for Premium Student and pay the discounted price from now on. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts