Premium

Country

India

Device

(LG G6 and Windows Desktop)

Operating System

(Android Oreo and Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

My issue is that students cannot obviously have credit not that I know of, I couldn't subscribe for a Spotify premium for a year and had to subscribe every month is there any other way than paying through a credit card and also even I could opt the monthly subscription can do that 12 times such that it will be prepaid for a whole year?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Shivaram ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If Credit Card is the only payment method that's being offered to you on the payment page, then that's the only one currently available.

Lastly, the Student Discount is currently only available as a monthly subscription.

I hope this clears things up! 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @Shivaram,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

It looks like paying upfront for a year of Premium for Students is something other Spotify users would like to see as well. In this case, we'd recommend adding your support to this idea.

You can do so by adding your +VOTE there and leaving a comment with your feedback to contribute to the discussion. We'd also suggest keeping an eye on that thread for any updates we have to pass on.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout and we'll be happy to take a look.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Shivaram ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If Credit Card is the only payment method that's being offered to you on the payment page, then that's the only one currently available.

Lastly, the Student Discount is currently only available as a monthly subscription.

I hope this clears things up! 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply @Maxim, but shouldn't there be an alternative as students cannot have credit cards and shouldn't they have provided a better solution like a one-time payment for these kinds of situation. Anyway, I hope they would develop a solution to this problem.

PS:

Hope Spotify would take this issue in consideration as I love to use their premium feature

Marked as solution

Hey there @Shivaram,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

It looks like paying upfront for a year of Premium for Students is something other Spotify users would like to see as well. In this case, we'd recommend adding your support to this idea.

You can do so by adding your +VOTE there and leaving a comment with your feedback to contribute to the discussion. We'd also suggest keeping an eye on that thread for any updates we have to pass on.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout and we'll be happy to take a look.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts