Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being Charged Full Price Regardless of Student Verification

Being Charged Full Price Regardless of Student Verification

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

My Question or Issue

After checking my bank account today I noticed that I was being charged the full price for spotify premium. I had thought that I was verified for student and so didn't really look out for it in my bank statements. So after some looking into it I indeed was verified as a student and was verified right through until October of this year. Thinking it may have just been a once off I checked my receipts for my payments and found that I have been charged for the full price since May last year. However the two payments before it had the student discount applied (see photos below). So why on earth did it all of a sudden just revert back to full payments even though the student discount was verified? Pretty disappointed really as im now $72 out of pocket. Doesn't seem like much but to a student its enough to be pretty annoyed about.

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

Spotify Student.PNG

2 Replies

Hey @IsaacLord!

Having lived the (frugal) student life myself, I can see how this would be a considerable problem. By looking at the circumstances of this payment issue, it might warrant getting in contact with customer support, you can reach them via this link.

I hope this works out for you!

Best,

A

Hey there @IsaacLord,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind that our student discount is active for 12 months from the moment you signed up for it.

After that time, your subscription automatically continues at the standard monthly rate. If you're still eligible for the discounted rate, all you need to do is reapply the discount on your account.

If you did but you were still charged the regular rate, we'd recommend checking our refund policy here which includes steps on how to reach out to us. This way, our support staff can take a look behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts