Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being charged for student discount and showtime separately

Being charged for student discount and showtime separately

Plan

-Spotify Premium for Students (with Hulu and Showtime)

Country

-United States

My Question or Issue

I have been a member of the student discount for a couple years now, and when they came out with the Hulu and Showtime add-ons, I signed up for them. I've contacted spotify about this issue before, but I continue to get charged for Spotify + Hulu on my card each month, but I also get an $11 charge every month on my PayPal for the Showtime Subscription. I'm not sure how this is happening, and I could use some help.

1 Reply

Hey @sanfordn.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

First, do you mind heading to your account overview page here and checking that Showtime is linked to your Spotify account and is active?

Also, just to confirm, when you signed up to the Premium for Students + Hulu + Showtime deal, did you already have a Showtime account, or did you have to create a new one?

If you did already have Showtime, it's possible that you accidentally created a new Showtime account instead of linking the old one. In this case, you should cancel your other subscription with Showtime.

If you didn't have a Showtime account before signing up for Premium, then it's still possible that you accidentally created a separate one in the process. We suggest you head here to get help from the folks at Showtime.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions 😉

Suggested posts