Premium for Students

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't activate the Hulu option under services. I'm stuck in an endless loop. I go to Account Overview, it tells me I have services I can activate, so I click on "Go To Services", but then it gives me an error message saying "Your student discount has expired. Please renew to get access to Hulu and SHOWTIME.", so I go to renew my student discount, but it doesn't even let me renew, at the bottom it just says my student discount is still valid and doesn't need to be renewed until next year.

1 Reply

Hey @chopkins73rd,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, we're happy to help you activate your Hulu subscription.

Have you tried activating the service through an incognito browser page? Sometimes data stored in the browser can cause issues like this to come up and this is an easy way to avoid them. On most computers you can start incognito mode by taping Ctrl-Shift-N (Windows) or Command-Shift-N (macOS). 

Besides verifying yourself as a student through SheerID, you'll also need to activate the discount on your Spotify account. To make sure this is the case just follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click CANCEL PREMIUM.
  4. Continue through to the confirmation message.

Your account will then revert to free on the end of the billing cycle. After that you can start your subscription here. Then you should be able to successfully activate all complimentary services.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out at any time 🙂

Have an awesome day.​​​

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts