NEXT STEP

Can't activate student discount

Can't activate student discount

Plan 

Premium

Country

Turkey

My Question or Issue

I am premium member for many years now and now I am student eligible because I am emrolled in a college. I validated it from sheerid and received email that I am eligible for a discount until next year this time. However, when I click on student discount thing, it says "there is a problem" and a cassette with 500 written on it appears on a page. When I check my account, it says I am regular premium and I will be billed regular price on 4th November. 

9 Replies

I have the same problem, please help how to solve.

Hey @gozcan83,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

If you're still having trouble with this, do you mind trying to open the link in the SheerID email you received in an incognito window or a different browser?

If that doesn't work, could you try opening it from another device?

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help.

Hello, I went through the sheer ID verification and now finally got the message that the student discount is activated. I clicked on "Get Discount" button in my account screen (screenshot1) and it takes me to a screen that says "use your discount" (screenshot2) but no way to actually apply the discount to my account. I am a premium family subscriber already Please see the attached screenshots. I'm caught in a loop. This is all in "incognito" mode. Thank you.

Screenshot1.png
Screenshot2.png

I'm in the exact same situation. They made me pay the 14.99 as my subscription had just ended despite having just had the student discount "available". I want a refund or at the least to have the next two months be taken out of this 14.99. I don't understand how to "apply the discount" when it takes me to this exact same screen over and over again. wth is up Spotify. This is why you guys need a dedicated support team that isn't lurking around in forums.

Hi @anyarmy and @rlwbarnes

Thanks for jumping in this thread! 

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID.
  2. Then, you must update their payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount).
  3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check their subscription page.

But bear in mind that you cannot get a refund if you've been charged with the regular price and 14 days have passed. It's our users responsibility to check the status of their subscription. 

We also send an email with a note that the notification is about to expire before it does. If you haven't seen anything like that, you can check your spam folder and if the correct email is linked to your account. 

Hope this sheds light on the subject. let us know if we can help with anything else 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have gone through Sheer ID and received the confirmation email that I am a student, but when I click on "Get Discount" it goes to a page saying Error 404, and the page cannot be found. I paid full price for this month but I would very much like to be able to get the student discount from next, as I've done everything required for it. 

Hey @bylnvtv,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

You can try opening the link in an incognito browser windows or using another network/ device.

Note that the activation link from Sheer ID is active 7 days, when that time passes, you'd have to reach out to them in order to receive a new activation link.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Its says I have redeemed the student discount but then they still charge me 149 a month. How can I change it? 

Hey there @Nincompoopy

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Keep in mind that the verification of your student status is a separate process from the activation of the discount itself. To activate the discount once you are verified you have to click on the Get Premium button in the confirmation email sent from SheerID. If you don't find it, we suggest checking the Spam/Junk folder. Note that you have to re-enter your payment details to complete the process.

You can double check whether or not the discount has been successfully activated by heading to your account page. There, you'll be able to check the amount of the next payment. You'll find it in the Your plan section of the Account overview.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts