Premium (for Students)

Country

The Netherlands

Devices

iPhone 8 Plus & Macbook Pro

Operating System

iOS 12.1, MacOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

I can't play tracks from James Newton Howard. The songs aren't greyed out and the albums are available in my country (other people can stream the tracks). I have this problem on my iPhone and my MacBook Pro as well. Both are updated (OS as the Spotify App). I really want to stream these tracks so I hope someone can help out.

I've reinstalled all apps (on iPhone and MacBook) and tried the Web Player as well. Nothing helped. (I've attached a screenshot with the error in the Mac App, it says in Dutch: "Spotify can't play this now. If you have the file on your computer, you can import it.")

Schermafdruk 2018-11-19 20.31.01.png
5 Replies

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

Since you are experiencing this issue on multiple devices, and you've tried the Web Player already, would you mind trying to log in with another account and seeing if the issue persists?

We'll be looking out for your reply!

Thanks for your response!

I'm still experiencing issues with this. I've already tried to play it on another account, and that works fine. So it seems to be an issue with my personal account.

Thanks in advance!

Victor

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible that something is up with your account. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I don't mind creating an account, I know thats easier said than done. But I connected my Artists Spotify with my original account. I hope that that isn't a problem with changing accounts. I'm really fond of the tools that Spotify gives there.

I'll start with making a new account (FREE). Is the premium for Students transferrable? It makes a lot of difference in price for me.

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Hey @user-removed, 

If you have your student discount information registered on your current account, and need help transferring it to a new one, we suggest that you get in touch with our support team. You'll find them here.  

Regarding any questions you might have about your Artist profile, get in touch with Spotify for Artists. They'll be the best people to answer your questions. 

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts