Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot get student discount in France

Cannot get student discount in France

I switched my country to France on Spotify and on UNIDAYS but I'm still not able to get the student discount because it says 'pays non prise en charge'.

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 17.54.51.png
3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

Thanks for getting in touch with us, we'll do our best to help you out.

This could be happening if the country on your account didn't update. If you're using a Free account, the country should be updated immediately once you follow these steps.

You can log in here to check the country your account is currently set to.

If you had a Premium subscription before switching the country, the country won't update right away. In this case, since you pay for the full month of Spotify Premium in advance, the country automatically updates once the month you paid for ends, and the new card is charged.

If your scenario is the second one, we suggest cancelling the subscription first. Once your account goes back to Free, you can easely update the country and then apply the discount. This way, you won't be charged the full Premium rate automatically when the country updates.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Ok, I've cancelled Premium and I have to wait 5 days for it to expire. I can still keep all my playlists and saved songs, yes?

Yep! When cancelling the subscription all your playlists and music stay as it is.

However, the music you've downloaded might be deleted and you'll need to download it again.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts