Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Card charged but premium not activated

Solved!

Card charged but premium not activated

Hello, 

I was recently trying to use my Spotify Student Discount via a debit card, and everytime I tried paying, it failed and gave me the error "Something went wrong, please try again later or get help".

Howeever, my card has been charged Rs 59 for each of these three transactions, and Premium hasn't been activated on my account yet.

So, in a nutshell,

1. By when can I expect a payment revert from Spotify?

2. How can I resolve the issue of my Premium status not getting activated even though money is being deducted from my account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @tusharrenjhen

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

There's an ongoing issue regarding payments not going through or Premium plan not activating for subscribers in India. 

Please, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @tusharrenjhen

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

There's an ongoing issue regarding payments not going through or Premium plan not activating for subscribers in India. 

Please, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

Hey,

I got the same error multiple times(used different browsers too). My account has been debited by Rs.59 five times. Please let me know about the situation and how can I apply for the refund or actually get the premium.

Have you received your money back? The same problem occurred when I was doing the transaction. I was charged 119 rs and it's been more than 12 hours but I still haven't received my money back. Do I have to wait more?

Screenshot_20200701-170200.png

Hey there @Nishaa1!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Can you start by taking a look at your Receipts page? If you don't see the payment there, it means that it hasn't gone through successfully on our end yet.

With some payments it might take a couple of days until the charge is processed, so we'd recommend that you wait 48 hours to see if the payment shows up on your Receipts page and you get your Premium features. If it doesn't, you should soon receive your funds back automatically. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I was charged to get the premium but I can’t use it. In my account it’s saying that I am not a premium and I payed.
Can you help me? I already did the logout and login, it is not working. 
Thank you,

Lúcia 

Hey there @Riosvida

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you check your receipts here. If you don't see any payments there, it's possible that you're logged in to a different account. In this case, we suggest to check any other login details you might have and log in to the correct account

if you're still not seeing your Premium features, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can further assist you with this.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi I'm having the same issue my money has been debited from my account Rs 66 but the premium is still not activated

Have paid 66rs and the amount has been debited but still the premium is not activated 

Suggested posts