NEXT STEP

Changing Email Address to .edu for Premium Student

Solved!

Changing Email Address to .edu for Premium Student

Plan: Premium

Device: Windows Surface Tablet

Operating System: Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My account was created via Facebook. As a result, I am unable to edit my email address. I just recently became a student and now have a .edu email address. I would like to switch from a Premium account to a Premium for Students account. Is there no way for me to do this, without creating a new account with my .edu email address? Will I be unable to keep my old account if I wish to use the student discount?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @rithmetic!

Thanks for the question, we'll gladly explain some more.

You don't need to use your school email address on your Spotify account to be able to apply the discount.

As you mentioned we use SheerID to verify your student status and once you've received an email confirmation from them, you should be able to active the discount on your account.

If you're having issues with opening the manual verification link, we'd recommend giving it a try in an incognito window or on a different network.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have more questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Following the SheerID links, it seems like I can upload documentation, and don't need to have the .edu email attached to my account.  The SheerID link for manual verification says the service is temporarily available...so I will check back later.

Marked as solution

Hey there @rithmetic!

Thanks for the question, we'll gladly explain some more.

You don't need to use your school email address on your Spotify account to be able to apply the discount.

As you mentioned we use SheerID to verify your student status and once you've received an email confirmation from them, you should be able to active the discount on your account.

If you're having issues with opening the manual verification link, we'd recommend giving it a try in an incognito window or on a different network.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have more questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Great, thanks - appreciate the help! I was able to upload my documentation and I'm good to go now 🙂 

Suggested posts