Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged but not verified as a student

Charged but not verified as a student

My card was charged $4.99 for a student Spotify premium account but since my current student ID doesn't say the year on it, they didn't verify me as a student and I don't have Spotify premium. I emailed Spotify but they didn't respond. I want premium. What do I do?
4 Replies

Hey @Kavedorf, welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us, we'll do our best to help you out.

Since the student discount wasn't verified, the payment shouldn't have completed. In this case, the funds should show as pending on your bank statement. If that's the case, the money will go back to your account soon. More info here.

In this case, you can get Premium by subscribing for the regular subscription, it should work like a charm.

If you contact your bank and you're sure the payment went through, but the account is still Free, our Support team will need to take a closer look at your account.

You can give them a shout anytime via Twitter or Facebook.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

i also tried signing up for the student plan and it charged me 4 times, took out $20 out of my bank and i didn't even get the premium package but i got a email saying it didn't go through but my money is still missing? i'm confused

I'm in the same boat, I have been charged but have been unable to confirm my student status. Emailed Spotify but the response I recieved was to look for help here 😕

Hey @Lemonsss & @garand1sierra!

No worries! If these payments are showing as pending on your bank statement, the funds will go back to your account soon. You can contact the bank for more information on pending transactions.

However, if you're sure the transactions went through, our Support team can help you out. Just pop a message via Twitter or Facebook, they'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers!

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts