Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged double and no support to get a hold off...

Charged double and no support to get a hold off...

I have Spotify Student, but they're charging me Premium? No emails or nothing, and impossible to get a hold off.

4 Replies

Same thing happened to me! I've been paying $5.xx this whole time and then now it's not student anymore without any notice. Can I be reimbursed the difference? What's up with this Spotify? A more direct solution to connect with support would be great too. 

Hey @Notjerd6 and @BettieVonScript,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

It sounds like you might have forgotten to renew your subscription in time.

No worries though - all you have to do is register again here and your student discount should be applied starting on your next billing date. 

If you'd like to get a refund for the standard Premium time you've been paying in the meantime, then first make sure to check you're eligible for one here and then, if you are, then reach out to our Customer Support team here - they should be able to help you out with that.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions about any of the above.

Thing is I cannot "forget to renew" when I was never told it was something I should do.
When I got approved for Student discount after sending in the paperwork all I was told is that I could only have it for 3 years, which also doesn't make sense in itself, but nothing about renewal.
I did not get informed when I changed credit card info that it should be renewed, and not any of the times I was in checking on my account details was it written. I as far as I can remember could not even see the time period on that subscription. Heck I wasn't even informed when they just changed the subscription.

Seriously suspicious way of doing bussiness.

Hey again @BettieVonScript,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

The discounted rate for Premium for Students expires after a year, after which your subscription will automatically continue at the standard monthly rate. However, if you're still eligible for the discount, you can reapply it on your Spotify account. There's more info about this here.

On another note, if you haven't already, don't hesitate to take a look at our refund policy here for more info.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, just give us a shout and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts