Charged for premium with active student discount

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Huawei P30 Lite

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I was charged 5,99 EUR instead of 2,99 while the student discount was activated. I made sure of it being activated - I checked the account settings many times before it expired and renewed it (SEVERAL TIMES!) - my account clearly said I will be charged 2,99 EUR next time, but that did not happen. Only thing I found here is "did you activate..." YES, OF COURSE, NOT HELPING. It was active, now it's not. Without a warning. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

3 Replies

Hey there @Sarasaurus,

Welcome to the Community!

You can always check the status of your current premium plan on your Account page

Once you reactivate your student discount you should receive a confirmation email from SheerID. You need to open that email and click on "Use student discount". After this you'll be prompted to get premium again. Then, all you need to do is reenter your payment details, so that the system can apply the price reduction to your monthly subscription, and that's it.

Note: If the confirmation link in the email is expired (expires after 7 days) you can request a new one directly from Sheer ID. Just click here.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have an awesome day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You haven't even read the post, have you? Yet you send the same useless generic response. I have checked the status of my premium plan SEVERAL TIMES, because I didn't want to pay this much for something I barely use! After it said I'll be charged the correct amount, I left it alone. I didn't expect to change in the meantime!? And why is there a need to reenter payment details?

Hey there @Sarasaurus,

Thanks for your reply.

We read each post carefully and do our best to give you the most useful info.

If you have activated your student discount last year you've been charged the reduced price for 12 months. Since the student discount is active only for 12 months, yours has most likely expired and your plan has automatically been switched to the standard Premium subscription and were charged the full price. If you want to keep paying the reduced price for Premium you'll need to reactivate your student discount. This needs to be done every year while you're still a student. Note: You can benefit from the discount for up to 4 years.

In order for the discount to be reactivated you need to confirm the reactivation through the email you've received from our third party verification partner SheerID. You can find this by searching for "SheerID" in your mailbox. Once you find the e-mail stating that you've verified yourself as a student, you need to follow the instructions included there. 

After this is complete you'll need to reenter your payment details. This needs to be done so that our system can update your details and set the reduced price for your subscription. It's like you are changing your Premium plan. The system needs to verify the validity of your payment method. If you don't complete all these steps the discount won't be reactivated.

If you receive any error messages during this process, send us a screenshot and we'll have a look into it.

Keep us in the loop. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts