Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for premium without the student discount

Charged for premium without the student discount

Hi,

I activated my student account in September 2019, before that I’ve paid £9,99. I was expecting to start paying £4.99 in October 2019, but I was charged the full amount up until April 2020. On my account it says that my student discount is available only until 9/24/2020. Am I able to get a refund for the months I was charged £9.99 or do I get a guaranteed student discount for 12 months until April 2021?

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom 

Device

(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS, etc.)

My Question or Issue

Is the student discount guaranteed 12 months since date of activation

3 Replies

Hey there @gkafadarova!

Thanks for the question and welcome to the Community. 

Once applied on an account student discount is active for 12 months and you can choose to activate it under that time.

In this case, it sounds like you were able to apply the discount but didn't finalize the process by choosing the Student offer and going through the checkout for confirmation.

If you're still charged the full price make sure to activate the discount here.

And when it comes to refunds, we have more info on our policy here.

Hope this info helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena, 

Thanks for your answer, but does that mean I only get my student discount for only 5 months now till the date 9/24/2020? It seems unfair being charged £9.99 for nearly 7 months and not get the 12 months student subscription I signed up for.  The refund options do not cover my case.

In the last month for May I was charged the student rate.

Hey @gkafadarova,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Along the lines of what @Elena suggested, it's necessary and up to every user to apply the Student discount to their Spotify account once they've activated it in order to start benefiting from it.

To further clarify, if you passed the verification stage, you should then follow the steps to have the discount running with your subscription since the discount eligibility confirmation doesn't automatically apply the discount to your account.

If you have any doubts you'd like to have addressed regarding the state of your subscription and billing in the future, it'd be great to keep an eye on the Your plan area in your account overview

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts