Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for student Spotify and premium

Solved!

Charged for student Spotify and premium

Hello,

I have been charged for the student Spotify despite it saying that I wouldn't be charged until I'd provided proof of enrolment. I decided to just use the regular premium instead.
Upon checking my credit card statement I have noticed I've been charged 4.99 for the student price and also 9.99 for the premium. How do I cancel this and get refunded for the 4.99?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Amanda47

No matter if student verification was successful or failed, a temporary pending charge goes through. This is only a temporary charge on your credit card and it should disappear in a few days. The only charge that you actually have to pay for is if you were successfully verified for the student discount.

Since you did not complete the full student verification process, the charge for 4.99 should disappear in a few days.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there @Amanda47, welcome to the community!

No worries, help's here 🙂 The charge you got is most likely a pending charge and the funds should reappear to your statement soon. You can read more about it here.

Let me know if that helps!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Marked as solution

Hey @Amanda47

No matter if student verification was successful or failed, a temporary pending charge goes through. This is only a temporary charge on your credit card and it should disappear in a few days. The only charge that you actually have to pay for is if you were successfully verified for the student discount.

Since you did not complete the full student verification process, the charge for 4.99 should disappear in a few days.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts