Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for students substiption

Charged for students substiption

Hey by mistake i pressed a studnets subsription, get charged for it but i dont have a sheerid. Any chance to get money back?

1 Reply

Hi @Ceffeh. If you never completed the process for signing up for a student discount but were still charged, then you are most likely seeing a pre-authorization charge on your payment method. A pre-authorization, or authorization hold, is a temporary block set on a small amount of funds, which usually shows up looking like a pending charge on your method of payment. These holds are usually intended to check that the payment method provided is valid, and that it contains the appropriate amount of funds to complete the transactions. Spotify will often place a pre-authorization whenever a new subscription is created, or there is a change to a new type of subscription or payment method.

A pre-authorization should usually clear on its own after a few business days, and the funds released back to your account without incident. Hope this helps clear things up. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, or if the charges don't clear on their own after a week or so. Cheers!

Suggested posts